Monday, July 9, 2012

Drawing and writing on iPhone pics

Every once in a while I like to write on pictures on my iPhone. Like this pic could use a little direction or explanation, right?


For handwriting, I use Adobe Ideas (which was free when I got it last year). Drawing on a pic comes in handy when you want to highlight something:


But sometimes my handwriting (especially on a tiny iPhone screen) can be a bit lacking:


So I erase the handwriting, save the pic:


And open it in Phonto (which is currently still free) to add text:


It's kind of pain using two apps, but I love the selection of fonts and flexibility (in terms of sizing, color, and placement) of Phonto. It's really easy and intuitive to use and you can even upload your own fonts to it if you want. Plus it's hard to complain when both apps are free!

Unfortunately, Adobe decided to charge for Adobe Ideas now and I can't really recommend it simply for handwriting for $9.99.  But when it comes an app where you can draw and write on a picture, I've heard great things about SketchBook Mobile (which is currently $1.99) for where one can write on iPhone pix (and more).  I downloaded the (currently) free "lite" version, SketchBook MobileX, and it gets the job done for simply writing on a pix (though I'll say it wasn't the most intuitive when I wanted to re-size the brush):

If anyone can suggest any cool apps that one can both draw and add some excellent fonts, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. i downloaded mobile x and it's free, but haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete